Thursday, April 12, 2007

Starfish, piggie, water

What do those three things have in common?

They've each been the magic word of the day for Maggie! Every so often, some word that I say to her makes her crack up with laughter. I have video of "starfish" and "piggie," but I missed out on "water."

"Starfish" came up sometime in February when she was playing in her water-world play-mat/gym. "Piggie" was the magic word in March while I was showing her the pig on her crib-bumper. Its nose squeaks.

"Water" was last Tuesday's word. It happened while I was eating dinner and Mischa was holding on to her. Traditionally, she laughs at me while I wolf down my dinner from 5:30-6:00 every day. On Tuesday, she laughed whenever I drank water, so that became the magic word. She smiles and giggles a lot, but would let out a big HAHAHA every time I said "water." So I tried signing it as well (sign the letter "W" and touch my chin with my index finger).

The next day, while Deirdre, Maggie and I were sitting on our bed, I sensed that she was in a goofy mood. When she looked over at me, I signed "water" without saying anything -- and she laughed!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home