Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mag thanks me for taking her to the Doodah parade

We took Mag to the Doodah Parade today. Before her morning nap, I told her we would be going to a parade after her nap. She indicated her comprehension by rocking side to side and making the sign for "music." She woke up from her nap at 10:45 with loud, excited yells for "DADA!" She was unusally cooperative going into the jogger. Just like at the Rose Parade, she clapped and waved at the people going by. This time, though, she was sitting on my shoulders and in the middle of the parade, said "Dada... Dada..." to me and gave me a hug when I turned my head up to see her.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Nani-Mischa:
Maggie seems to have incorporated saying "thank-you" into her behavioral repertoire. Last week we met a two-year-old named Priscilla and her mom during our daily visit to the turtle pond. Priscilla gave her helium balloon to Maggie -- this was Priscilla's own idea. Maggie was too shy to do anything but smile when she got the balloon. But she kept Signing "Thank-you! Thank-you!" all the way home, while admiring her new balloon.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home